Close this search box.

SAN FRANCISCO Courthouses, Counseling, & Support

Find Local Help & Support Near You


Bay Area, SF courthouses

Heading to a San Francisco Bay Area courthouse isn’t usually someone’s idea of a good time, but they are important to the region’s safety and operations. There are many courthouses in the Bay Area that represent several counties and purposes. If you do need to go to court in this region, it’s good to know where you’re going and what to expect.

Bay Area Courthouses by County

Here is a list of Bay Area courthouses and their functions.

Alameda County Courthouses

Berkeley Courthouse – 2120 Martin Luther King, Jr. Way, Berkeley, California 94704. The Berkeley Courthouse has only one court division, which is probate. 

Fremont Hall of Justice – 39439 Paseo Padre Parkway Fremont, California 94538. This court deals with criminal and traffic cases. 

George E. McDonald Hall of Justice – 2233 Shoreline Drive, Alameda, California 94501. This courthouse is home to the Records Management and Settlement Units. 

Hayward Hall of Justice – 24405 Amador Street, Hayward, CA 94544. Civil and family law cases are heard in the Hayward Hall of Justice. 

Juvenile Justice Center – 2500 Fairmont Drive, Suite C3013, San Leandro, CA 94578. This court only handles cases involving minors. 

Rene C. Davidson Courthouse – 1225 Fallon Street, Oakland, California 94612. This court handles civil and criminal cases and allows for filing mental health cases. 

Wiley W. Manuel Courthouse – 661 Washington Street, Oakland, California 94607. The Wiley W. Manual Courthouse hears criminal and traffic cases. 

Contra Costa County Courts

A.F. Bray Courthouse – 1020 Ward Street, Martinez, CA 94553. Criminal and jury cases are handled in this courthouse. 

Pittsburg Superior Court – 1000 Center Drive, Pittsburg, CA 94565. This court handles civil, small claims, criminal, and traffic cases.

Richmond Superior Court – 100 – 37th Street, Richmond, CA 94805. Richmond Superior Court handles civil, small claims, criminal, and traffic cases. 

Spinetta Family Law Center – 751 Pine Street, Martinez, CA 94553. This location hears only family law cases. 

Walnut Creek Superior Court – 640 Ygnacio Valley Road, Walnut Creek, CA 94596. Traffic and juvenile court are held here. 

Wakefield Taylor Courthouse – 725 Court Street, Martinez, CA 94553. This court hears civil, criminal, and probate cases. 

Marin County Courts

Marin County Superior Court – 3501 Civic Center Drive, San Rafael, California 94903. This courthouse provides services for civil, criminal, juvenile, family law, traffic, and probate cases. It is the only courthouse in the county.

San Francisco County Courts

San Francisco Superior Court – 400 McAllister Street, San Francisco, CA 94102.   Civil, criminal, probate, small claims, and family law cases are heard in this courthouse. 

Hall of Justice – 850 Bryant Street, San Francisco, CA 94103. The Hall of Justice is the main courthouse for criminal cases, though some cases are heard in the Superior Court and Polk Street Annex. Traffic cases are handles here as well. 

Polk Street Annex – 575 Polk Street, San Francisco, CA 94102. This annex handles overflow of criminal cases. 

Juvenile Justice Center – 375 Woodside Ave, San Francisco, CA 94127. This court primarily handles juvenile criminal cases, but also handles some family law cases. 

San Mateo County Courts

The Superior Court of San Mateo County has three branches: 

Northern Branch – 1050 Mission Road, South San Francisco, CA 94080. This court hears all types of cases except juvenile. 

Southern Branch – 400 County Center, Redwood City, CA 94063. The southern branch also hears all types of cases except juvenile. 

Juvenile Branch – 222 Paul Scannell Drive, San Mateo, CA 94402. This location only handles cases involving minors.

Final Thoughts about the Bay Area’s Courthouses

The above information can be changed at any time, so always be sure to check your court documents, contact a courthouse directly, or find your case online to ensure that you have the right location for your case. 

Skip to content